There are so many great things to love about the outdoors: the smell of fresh air, the feeling of a warm summer breeze, and the sounds of nature. For many, however, the conveniences of indoor living can make them reconsider the option to dine or entertain outside, when everything they need is so close at hand. With a retractable screen door, you can enjoy the best of both worlds, by bringing the fresh air inside and leaving unwanted pests outside where they belong.
How Does a Retractable Screen Door Work?
A retractable screen door is designed to disappear when not in use. The screen is housed in a casing that matches the exterior of your home without hindering the functionality of your regular door. A spring-loaded mechanism ensures smooth operation as the screen extends and retracts, and a strong magnetic strip running the full length of the door to secure it in place while in use.
The Benefits of Retractable Screen Doors
- Energy savings. Reduce the amount of money you spend on cooling your home by turning off the A/C and opening up your retractable screen door.
- Ease of use. Our doors are lightweight, easy to operate, and use a full length magnetic strip for increased reliability.
- Versatility. Choose from 5 housing colors to complement your existing exterior.
- Unobstructed view. Enjoy the beauty of your yard without the addition of unwanted insects, dust, or debris.
- Added value. Retractable screen doors are desirable to home buyers and can add value to your home.
- Enhanced indoor air quality. Fresh air exchange is vital to the quality of your indoor air, to remove impurities, chemicals, odors, and other particles. By creating a cross breeze with your retractable screen door and one or more open windows, stale air is replaced with fresh, leaving your home feeling and smelling like the outdoors.
Tips for a Successful Indoor Outing
- Check the forecast. Although your retractable screen door is made from the highest quality material, it may be damaged during periods of high wind or storm activity. Keep the screen closed until bad weather subsides, relying on your A/C for cooling relief.
- Enjoy the view. With such a clear view to the outdoors, be sure your yard is looking its best. Put away stray toys or gardening equipment, and consider adding a low level, solar powered light source to add a warm glow during the evening.
- Stay safe. Avoid damage to your screen door and embarrassment to guests by using a small sticker or a stencil and light coating of paint on the inside of your screen at eye level, to serve as a visual reminder.
Call the experts at All Seasons Retractable Screens of California today at 714-332-6060 to schedule an appointment for professional, reliable installation of retractable screen doors.